December 28, 2010

We ♥ Katamari


Nine or ten months ago I beat Katamari Damacy and enjoyed the brief and silly game a lot. Roll shit into balls, rinse, and repeat. Apparently I wasn't the only one who enjoyed it because the tongue-in-cheek plot of this sequel revolves around the whole world loving Katamari Damacy and demanding to be able to roll more shit into balls. The King (who serves as a narrator of sorts) breaks the fourth wall even further at some points and directly asks the player, "Seriously, what's so fun about this? You're just rolling things into balls over and over again." Clearly, the team behind the Katamari games was shocked that people actually liked them as much as they did. I've got one more Katamari game backlogged and my girlfriend has another, so this is far from the last time we'll see these games in the Back-Blogged archives. But this game is finished, for I have rolled up even the sun. And doing so prompted the ending credits. Awesome. Where does the series go from here? I'll find out eventually. But not yet. Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment