December 16, 2010

Hollywoodland

Ben Affleck takes a braining.

I watched this movie last night while wrapping up a shit ton of Christmas presents. I probably should have waited until I could pay close attention before watching a murder mystery movie like this one, but I mean, I had to watch something last night while wrapping Christmas presents. So be it - better Hollywoodland be the casualty than something more noteworthy like Lawrence of Arabia or Dog Day Afternoon. Because my eyes weren't on the screen for the entirety of the film, and because my brain wasn't processing every single line that my ears heard, I'm afraid to say I didn't appreciate this movie as much as I probably could have. But the good news is that I appreciated it a lot more than one might think I was able to. It was pretty slow-moving and dialogue-based, so I definitely got a feel for the caliber of the acting, writing, and direction. A quick Wikipedia visit has filled in the narrative gaps for me. It'd be totally absurd for me to still "recommend" this movie since, you know, I couldn't even bring myself to give 100% of my attention to it. But I will say that from what I saw and heard and followed, I did enjoy this movie and I bet the average movie fan would too. And really, that's as much as I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment