March 20, 2010

Gossip Girl Season 2

Dear Fellow Back-Bloggers,

I'm sorry for my hiatus from blogging; engineering sucks. I am doing my best to slowly work my way through my library. As of two weeks ago, I was working on Gossip Girl Season 2, The Gunslinger, and Candy Factory. I finished Gossip Girl Season 2 before Spring Break but unfortunately was not able to write about it. So here we go folks!

In case none of you have ever seen Gossip Girl, it is an Upper East Side centric version of the OC written by the same person, Josh Schwartz. It is slightly more ridiculous. The kids are rich, entitled, and allowed to drink martinis in bars. Honestly, I don't want to describe the plot because it is so ridiculous. Let me describe one plot line: Blaire Waldorf and Nate Archibald are ex-lovers. Blair is now dating a dude who lied about his identity but is actually a prince. Nate is pretending to date Serena while actually having an affair with a married woman. The married woman turns out to be the "Dutchess" the prince's mother. Then the Dutchess and the Prince (her stepson) have sex. Yea.

Anywho, it was a good season. I don't watch this show for the quality. I bought Season 1 for $20 two winter breaks ago for something to do. I enjoyed it, and I bought Season 2 on Black Friday this past year. It is an amusing show which gives my brain a rest and lets me enjoy the absurdities of these kids' lives. Plus, it's fun to explain it all to Steve if he ever catches me watching an episode because the relationships are one big messed up spider web.

I look forward to continuing to watch Season 3. Expect an entry on The Gunslinger soon. Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment