February 15, 2017

Krisha


Okay, I admit - I'm cranking out short 2016 movies at this point. This one's another eighty-minute breeze and it comes from A24, who can do no wrong it seems. Eh. I didn't love this. It was very well done, no question, but it depicts an older woman, an addict, struggling throughout a Thanksgiving weekend with her extended dysfunctional family. It was raw and messy and just felt very "slice of life," but it's not a life I wanted to be part of for even just eighty minutes. I realize that's the point - it must be emotionally exhausting both to be an addict and to deal with a loved one struggling with substance abuse. I dunno! This just wasn't for me. Still, can't call it a bad movie or even a boring one, and most other people seemed to really enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment