February 27, 2017

Nocturnal Animals


Man, some Oscars that was, huh? I'm all kinds of burnt out on 2016 movies at this point - can you blame me? - and still there are another five or ten I really, really want to see.

Nocturnal Animals was pretty stupid and really good. Or maybe really stupid and pretty good. Some great performances here, no question, and also some very pretty people looking even prettier because the director is a former creative director for Gucci which explains why he has such a firm grasp on what makes things visually compelling.

I liked this a good deal - top twenty on the year, out of almost sixty, so hey - but admittedly my brain is sort of turning into mush when it comes to rating and comparing and reviewing all these movies.

So, peace! (But really, this was fun. Go ahead and see it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment