February 8, 2017

Café Society


Over on Letterboxd I said, of this one:
Fifty-some-odd movies into his career, Woody Allen's got nothing left to prove to anyone (aside from, well, you know). Dude's been churning out a movie a year for a long time now, always with an impressive cast of established actors taking their turns being in a Woody Allen movie. Every so often one of his films still leaves an impression on the zeitgeist and earns some recognition and acclaim, but most of them are nothing special, nothing new, just another Woody Allen movie, ho-hum, your mileage may vary. Anyway, Café Society is a comedy about a Jewish guy's romantic mishaps and it's set in the 1930s in both New York and Los Angeles. It was fine! Nothing special, nothing new, just another Woody Allen movie, ho-hum, your mileage may vary.
Blech. Not my best work, but you know what? I think I made my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment