June 17, 2013

Super Mario 3D Land


Keith absolutely loved this game, but when I went looking for his post to find some quotable lines, I came up empty. I guess this is the first time anyone has posted about Super Mario 3D Land. In short, I absolutely loved it too. It's easily the best Mario game, and probably also the best 3D platformer in general, that I've played since beating Super Mario Galaxy five and a half years ago. The game was fun, cute, enjoyable, and entertaining. No two levels were even somewhat similar, which made each and every one of them a new and enjoyable experience. And while simply beating levels wasn't challenging at all, finding the three star coins hidden in each level took enough of an added amount of effort to make the whole experience feel perfectly balanced. The game was simple and easy, but worth getting the most out of.

In fact, I'm really only halfway-finished with the game. Upon beating it, I opened up an entire second set of worlds and levels that I'm sure provide even more of a challenge. I plan to tackle each and every such level someday, but not just yet. And although I haven't "finished" playing this game by a long shot, I've definitely beaten it, and that's enough to warrant a post. Keith, where's your post at?

2 comments:

  1. Retroactive posts seem unfair... I beat that game while I was taking a hiatus from the blog. Still, this game is SO good. I can't wait for 3D World - although part of the charm of this game is the way they utilize 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a founding member of the blog, allow me to approve of- nay, encourage, retroactive posting. If you beat/watched/read it since joining the blog, it's kosher. Especially in these slow summer months.

    Super Mario Land 3D sounds fun though

    ReplyDelete