June 26, 2013

Little Inferno

Little Inferno was another extremely cheap PC game I snagged recently in a bundle, and like Puzzle Agent before it, it was beaten in about 3 hours. The game is extremely one-note, and most of it isn't particularly fun, but again for the price I'm paying I can accept a dud every now and then that only wastes a few hours of my time. The gameplay involves staring at a fireplace, ordering items from catalogs, and burning said items. Each item you burn nets you a little more money than you spent on it, so you can build up to more expensive items as you go. The more expensive an item is, the longer you have to wait for it to 'ship' (up to like two and a half minutes for the final items), but you can ship a few items at once or force an item to express ship with coupons. You get more coupons from, you guessed it, burning things. Toss that random item (a lamp! TNT! a kitten!) into the fireplace, click on it a few times, and watch it burn. To make things go faster, you make more money and earn more coupons with combo-burns- a list of 90-ish combos are available with names that give details about what items to burn together. Still, the whole thing feels like a glorified mini-game as the only thing that kept me going was to see how it would end- there's a creepy environment that's slowly built up over the course of the game, and I admit I was interested to see what the payoff to all of that was. If you're interested, allow me to recommend... looking it up on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment