June 15, 2013

Looper


I had high expectations for this movie... really high. I love the cast, I love the concept. However, while with most movies I can suspend my disbelief, this movie just wasn't one of them. It's always tricky with time travel to not create contradictions and this one has a HUGE contradiction in the climax. I dunno why it bothered me so much, but it did. Anyway, it was still a fun ride while it lasted and I think this would have benefited from lower expectations on my part. You get to see JGL made up to look like a younger Bruce Willis, which was cool in its own way. It was a decent way to spend a few hours, but I do not see myself ever revisiting it. On a side note, "Rian" is a stupid way to spell that name. While we're at it, I'm not a fan of "Bryan."

No comments:

Post a Comment