June 18, 2013

Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition


I played Arkham Asylum on XBOX 360 and loved it. But I had a few gripes. I hated having to pause the game so much to find where I was supposed to be going and to change weapons. So when I heard that I could play Arkham City on Wii U with the gamepad always displaying the map and allowing me to access other options without having to press pause, I knew that the Wii U version was the one for me. Graphically, it is nearly identical to 360 and PS3, seems to suffer from frame rate issues. Still, it was a great experience. I was nervous about having to use the gamepad for a game I was used to using a 360 controller, but the gamepad is surprisingly comfortable to play on. This game is just as good as Arkham Asylum, if not better. It seems like if I wanted to, I could explore the city and hone my fighting skills, but I powered through the game and didn't explore much. Because of that, it felt similarly sized to Arkham Asylum, but I think it's probably much, much bigger. I could see myself going back to this game just to explore the city and try out the other characters I unlocked by beating the game (not sure how to use them though). I guess I can be Robin, Nightwing and then some classic Batmans. Anyway, I think the best thing I can say about this game is that I plan on buying Arkham Origins on Wii U because I thought the gamepad offered the best way to experience this game (even if the remote controlled batarang is nearly impossible to control).

No comments:

Post a Comment