October 31, 2010

Stand By Me


Ahhhhh! Only seven minutes left on the clock (east coast time, of course). Got to make this count.

This one is a classic. One that I saw recently at the Sony store and had to add it to my collecting. In short: This was a great coming-of-age movie. I would rate it up there with The Sandlot, only instead of a story about a bunch of kids playing baseball it's about a bunch of kids on the search for a dead body. That's right. Apparently children in the '50s had some sort of fascination with corpses of their fellow peers. Anyways, even if you've never seen this film, I'm sure that you're at least some what familiar with it. After being spoofed on both The Simpsons and Family Guy, it's definitely made its mark.

Oh, shit! Two minutes.

Ummm. Tons of celebrities. Keifer Sutherland, Jerry O'Connell, even John Cusak.

No time left. HOWARD STERN! BUBBA-BOOYEEE!

2 comments:

  1. Seems like I still had a little time left on the blog's clock. Oh, well.

    Let me just follow up to say that the film is less than 90 minutes long. So, do yourself a favor and watch it. It makes you want to be 12 again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first saw this movie like a year and a half ago, and damn, I totally second everything Trev says. I'd put it above the Sandlot, even. Just a great movie about twelve-year-old boys being twelve-year-old boys. Unless they were like nine or ten years old or whatever. Either way, great nostalgic feel - and again, I saw it for the first time in like my junior year of college.

    ReplyDelete