October 22, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Onwards! So I am logging these in the order I finished them. I stink at posting right away. My one flaw.

Anywho, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo has had a lot of buzz in recent days. I've heard a lot of people say good things about it, and I was excited to read it. Little did I know it was going to be a murder mystery, my favorite kind of book! Unfortunately, in my mind this book started off slow. There were two separate stories to begin with and I had no idea how they were going to converge. Each story had its highlights early on, but there was nothing that could keep me awake when reading at night. About halfway through the book, I think this book got really good. The stories converged and the mystery investigation really heated up. From then on I flew through the book. I came to really like the two main characters. However, I was not happy with how the very end of the book went. The mysteries and what not were resolved greatly, but the book left me wanting more.

So, what to do? Read the next one! I'm in the process, and happily, I can report that it involves some of the same characters we know and love.

3 comments:

  1. Does it involve Tim Riggins and Lyla Garrity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAN, I can only wish that is true. I wish there was a real life Tim Riggins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really hoping for a last minute ultra twist and I did not get one. I was overall pretty entertained but your right it could have ended a lot better.

    ReplyDelete