October 29, 2009

Mega Man 2


Another Mega Man game, another two hours well spent. There's really not much at all to cover here that I didn't say in my recap of the first game and don't expect to go over at some point in the next six installments. However, it's worth pointing out that many fans cite this game as the best in the series. I'm not saying it was bad or anything, but if this is true, then I'm in for six more games that don't live up to this one, which wasn't exactly spectacular in any way. But I think a lot of the praise had to do with its improvements over the first one - a password system, a health-replenishing system - and little to do with actual gameplay. Because as far as I can tell, gameplay doesn't change one bit from Mega Man game to Mega Man game. The Mega Man X series is a different story, and I'm sure Mega Man 7 and 8 differ as well, as these games debuted on the SNES and PlayStation respectively. But for now, the path to backlog completion takes me straight through a gauntlet of four more mostly identical Mega Man games. It's a good thing they've been more enjoyable so far than I had anticipated. Here's hoping the entertainment levels hold through for the next several games. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment