October 26, 2009

Saw II


I could have spent the afternoon working on a big homework assignment due tomorrow morning that I have yet to start. I could have spent it studying for either of two enormous tests I am taking later this week. I could have fought the cold I have by taking a well-deserved nap. Instead, I watched a pair of Saw films. Saw II is unlike its predecessor in many ways; there's still a surprise ending and plenty of gruesome death, but the mystery that the first one was shrouded in just isn't there this time around. Neither are the somewhat character-driven mind games that made the first one - two dudes trapped in a room - so effective. Instead, we've got a house full of people who need to work together to escape, but end up fighting and killing each other along the way. Kind of stupid. But this movie was at least still enjoyable, even if it was to a very small extent; Saw III, which I am bound to watch in the near future, isn't even fun to sit through. And I've heard that Saw IV is downright terrible. But I'll cross those bridges when I come to them. For now, suffice it to say that Saw II was an average flick at best, and probably not even worthy of that much praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment