August 8, 2009

Rocky (1976)


I found this for $4 not very long ago. In fact, it probably didn't spend much time in the backlog at all. Two months, maximum. At any rate, I was a tad disappointed in the 1976 Best Picture I just saw. Maybe the hype had been built up too much, but I thought the story and characters were pretty generic and that ultimately there was nothing special about it. That said, I do still want to watch Rocky II (and likely all the rest of them) to see just where things are headed for Rock-O and his girl. This presents a problem - I don't own these movies, and would have to rent or buy them in order to view them. Yet, in the midst of a quest to watch all of my unseen movies, it doesn't make a ton of sense to spend time watching movies I don't own. It's an interesting predicament, and one I hope to avoid in the future; in most cases, if I own one part of a series of books, movies, or TV shows, I own them all. Be sure to stay tuned to find out just how the Rocky series is handled. My guess is that I will indeed someday buy the rest of the set, but there's no rush to do so. In the meantime, I've got plenty else to watch. Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment