August 4, 2009

Boom Blox


This game was purchased last summer when I was looking for a good multiplayer game on the Wii. I can't remember why I was looking for one, as both Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii had come out in the preceding months. Regardless, I got a little more than halfway through the single player campaign, which was really nothing more than a series of challenges that you could win bronze, silver, or gold medals on. I finally picked this game back up the other night and beat the remaining challenges in one sitting, mainly getting golds but with a dash of silvers and bronzes. It was disappointing, in a way, not to get a gold on every single challenge, especially since I had done so on those I had attempted last summer. But such is the nature of my quest to beat all my games. In order to complete it, realistically, I'm going to need to blow through a few games that I otherwise would have spent more time working on so as to "complete" them. But then, were it not for the lofty goal - unclog the backlog - in the first place, I doubt I'd have ever played this game again, much less completed it. I'll settle for a mere "beaten" and move on to my next target, sad as it sort of makes me to do so. Boom Blox was a lot of fun, especially in multiplayer mode, and only slightly frustrating. I'd heavily consider buying the sequel if only it didn't add to my backlog, hindering my progress and largely negating the mission altogether. Maybe someday I will indeed acquire the follow-up and enjoy playing and beating it. But not yet. Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment