April 2, 2017

The OA: Season 1


This one dropped way back in mid-December, and Marissa and I never got around to adding it to our queue in the mad dash to finish off so much other TV in the calendar year. It's another weird one from Netflix, though probably not as weird as Legion was, about a blind Russian girl who returns to society after being kidnapped for seven years and subjected to all kinds of supernatural testing, only somewhere during the testing she regained her vision, and somewhere else during the testing she learned how to bring certain people back from the dead. I dunno, I didn't love this if you couldn't tell, but I think I liked it more than Legion or The Young Pope for that matter. It's been renewed for a second season already, which I'm actually okay with - the door was left open here a little better than it was in, say, Stranger Things. But yeah - here's yet another TV show that I've seen that you really don't need to. Plenty more to come, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment