April 7, 2017

Puzzle Challenge: Crosswords and More


One of Marissa's!

There was really no reason for this to ever exist, even back in 2008 or whenever it came out. It's a collection of crossword puzzles and word searches that you can navigate and solve using the Wii remote. (Shudder.) Marissa and I fired this up earlier tonight looking for a "co-op" game to play, and yeah, this did the trick. Of course, moving through the puzzles and typing were a nightmare - fucking Wii, of course they were - and I can't imagine there's literally anyone on the planet who has solved literally every puzzle in this game. (There were hundreds, and possibly a thousand.) What Marissa and I did in order to call this one "beaten" was one of every type of puzzle. Most were simple variations on crosswords, but there were also two word search varieties. (I believe they were "word search" and "mini word search.")

USA Today had a website back in 2008, I am certain. And it offered free crosswords every day, I am sure. So, twofold question, who the hell would buy something like this, and why did my wife?

No comments:

Post a Comment