May 31, 2013

The Sopranos: The Complete Sixth Season Part II


Wow, just wow. This show. This show. The most talked about part of this half season is easily the series finale's final moments. Thanks to that, I really ended up knowing nothing about this show but how it ended. Well, I knew some details but not others. I think the ending of this show was perfect. It really felt in line with the way each episode ended, minus a clean fade out. Anyway, since you might not have seen it, I won't say any more. I will say that this was my favorite season. By far. I think a lot of things that were set up earlier in the series were paid off here.

What I think is amazing about The Sopranos is how much of it was just focused on mundane things, yet all of it was so compelling. Rather than focus on the crime aspect, this show really focused on the family and friend aspect. Granted, there was plenty of crime, but that wasn't why I loved this show. Even with all the violence and crime, this show had a lot of heart and wasn't quite as dark as I expected.

Anyway, I feel like a part of me died with the series finale. I have watched this show religiously and now I have nothing. It's similar to the way I felt after finishing The Wire. This show is up there with my favorite shows of all time.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you're summing up exactly how I felt about it all. This was definitely my favorite season. And, yeah, a fantastic finale in my opinion. I'm guessing that we each wouldn't have liked it so much if we weren't prepared for the non-ending ending, but whatever.

    For me it goes Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad in a very clear top three, but each has a great argument for best show of all time. We'll see how Breaking Bad ends.

    ReplyDelete