May 30, 2013

The Office Season 1


So all these tv writers have been reminiscing about The Office as it concluded it's final season. I sporadically watched The Office probably sometime between season 3 and 5? Maybe? I really don't know. It was always fairly enjoyable when I watched it. I really liked some of Steve Carell's final episodes.

Anywho, everyone talking all about The Office made me want to go back and watch it all. So I just watched season 1! Hurrah! I had read a little about season 1 (in an Office recap). It seemed like everyone agrees that the show didn't have direction in season 1. Michael is sorta a mean boss. It's odd. He's not loveable yet.

On the plus side, Jim and Pam are way better than I've ever seen them be. They are cute and flirty and aint it just adorable!

Dwight is the same. Kelly isn't Kelly yet. Kevin is great a basketball. Phyllis is the same. Meredith isn't nearly as sex crazy yet. Jim is still humble and like-able. Daryl is still working in the warehouse.

I will continue my viewership with SEASON 2!

(UPDATE: Marissa forgot she posted this in May, and came back to talk about it some more in December. Here is her second post. Let's see how well it lines up with her first one.)

I vaguely remember watching this. Maybe I should write these closer to when I actually complete the show. Oops

I have seen a few random season of The Office, circa Seasons 4-6 perhaps. I have been told Season 1 wasn’t very good and Season 2 and 3 were fantastic and the rest were so-so. It was interesting to watch Season 1 because you see how the characters were originally. Michael Scott is not nearly as likeable in Season 1. He’s sort of funny and clueless but also sort of a mean boss. Jim is very likeable in Season 1, but I could be letting my very negative opinion of him from the latter season influence me. The banter with him and Dwight was new and funny and not yet mean and predictable. I don’t think many of the other side characters like Stanley, Angela, Oscar, Meredith, and Kevin changed much over the rest of the show
The show was good but not consistently funny. I’m looking forward to that in Season 2 which I started to watch then stopped. Oops again.

No comments:

Post a Comment