May 9, 2013

Happy Endings: Season 2


I didn't start watching Happy Endings until about halfway through its second season, but I was able to see several earlier episodes On Demand; I think, then, that I had seen all but two or three of these episodes before. That's fine, because the second season was full of great episodes. In fact, I'd call this the best of three seasons of Happy Endings. It's not definitive or anything, but the show was still finding itself in the first season and I felt like the third just went a bit too over the top a bit too often. As of this writing, Happy Endings has yet to be canceled, but given that it was the lowest rated show on ABC by year's end, the writing is pretty much on the wall. Best case, it gets a similar deal Cougar Town got and moves over to USA or TBS or something. Worst case, we're left with 57 pretty solid episodes and nothing more. At any rate, it's a solid show, but I wouldn't recommend anyone go that far out of their way to see it if they haven't already. The ship has pretty much sailed at this point, and there are plenty of better options out there. Still, I'll miss Happy Endings. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. This is another show I would catch out of the corner of my eye if I was ever running the front desk at Sony. Seemed decent. Like you hint at, it's nothing to write home about (with the current competition out there) but still entertaining. I rate this as great traveling entertainment if you're trying to kill time when stuck on a long flight or car ride - better than having to watch post-Steve Carell episodes of The Office. I'm glad that dog is finally being put down next week.

    ReplyDelete