February 26, 2012

Arrested Development Season 1

So! Arrested Development Season 1. People LOVE Arrested Development. Like LOVE. Super obsessed. It's actually a little annoying. So annoying that I was a bit stubborn about actually watching it. Well, with all the hub-ub about the Arrested Development new season / movie, I guess I had to watch it. And you know what? It is funny! At this point, it's not the greatest thing I have ever seen, like people seem to think, but Steve promises me it only gets better in the ensuing seasons. I was sold with the one line "THERE'S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND!" Between that, and the steps car from the plane, man, this show is pretty funny. I'm gonna rank where I'm liking the characters for now, see if it changes at all.

1. Michael Bluth - Michael is the main character of the show, and thus he gets the top spot. He is the serious but he sets up so many jokes
2. Buster - I'm a huge fan of Buster (and An Yang!). I just think they are hilarious.
3. Gob - Gob is a magician and that's awesome.
4. Lindsay Funke - I'm surprised by Portia de Rosse. I didn't know she could do comedy! She's good!
5. George Sr. - Funny guy
6. George Michael - Oh George Michael. SO SO awkward. I'm placing him here despite that fact that I absolutely can't stand the Maeby storyline
7. Tobias Funke - Tobias is funny but he isn't there for me yet. Steve loves him. We'll see if I like him more eventually.
8. Maeby Funke - Ugh. Maeby. She is annoying, and not that funny. Ugh.
9. Lucille - The only reason I put Lucille at the bottom is because I don't think she does a ton. But she's funny when she is in scenes.

Well, I'm not happy with how my character rankings came out, but oh well! My blog posts aren't very fun anyways. My next post will not be fun. I can promise you that.

1 comment:

  1. Spoiler Alert! Her next post is something she's been working on for four years, which is only three fewer years than the story itself lasted.

    ReplyDelete