December 2, 2014

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game


Sorry, Sween. We tried our best, but I had to wrap this one up without you. You didn't miss much, if it's any consolation.

I was a big fan of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, the movie. Since the movie made so many references to plenty of beloved video games, I figured this downloadable title would be a real blast to play. Nope! This was a run-of-the-mill beat-em-up made more difficult via sluggish controls and really lengthy levels. Earlier this year, I tried to take advantage of the ability to play four-player local co-op, but only found that it made things more chaotic and confusing, and no easier. After a particularly grueling hour-plus spent on the fifth of seven levels in this game, I had to put it down for a long time. Sween and I probably could have managed to finish this off in two-player fashion, but this thing was burning a hole in my backlog, just sitting there half-beaten like it was, and I finally had to put it down myself.

Anyway, there will be plenty more co-op adventures out there, I'm sure.

But, yeah. I thought this game kind of stunk.

1 comment:

  1. No problem! The next Lara Croft co-op game comes out in a week, maybe that will be worth returning to whenever it goes on sale

    ReplyDelete