December 31, 2014

Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara

And here's the sequel to Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom. It's Shadow Over Mystara, a game that made a few improvements and certainly stands out as the better game, but still wasn't really any fun to play twenty years after its release. Two more classes have been added to the game, upping the total to six, and I felt like there was more balance here than in Tower of Doom between classes, allowing me between lives to switch to whichever class would work best in the current situation. This meant that even though the game was longer, I died far fewer times and enjoyed the experience more, but not much more. Maybe I was wrong about that "more challenge = better" theory. Either way, I'm glad to have this unnecessary shit out of my backlog.

No comments:

Post a Comment