October 23, 2013

Heroes of Ruin


The guys bought me this one as a small component of my bachelor party road trip weekend (thanks again guys!) and two and a half months later I've beaten it. I'm pretty sure they all bought themselves a copy too, so in theory this won't be the last Heroes of Ruin post on the blog. We'll see though.

The multiplayer aspect is by far the game's greatest strength, and I never had more fun wit this game than when four - or even two - of us were playing it together, each with a different generic stock character. It's a pretty run-of-the-mill dungeon crawler with light RPG elements. You level up, you acquire new skills, and you find or purchase new weapons and armor. The story was bland but not latter day Final Fantasy nonsensical, which was nice. And while there were numerous side quests, I was able to complete every single one of them without feeling like I was going that far out of my way to do so. There's a fetch quest or two thrown in at the end and the game only really got challenging at the final boss, but overall I'm glad I spent the fifteen hours playing this that I did. Most of those hours came in a van or hotel room with friends or at home in front of my TV; rarely did this game require or merit my undivided attention.

I've only got one game left on the 3DS for now, and it's that whacky Kid Icarus rail shooter that's not quite a rail shooter. I can't really say with any accuracy when that'll get beaten, or even if I'll jump back into it soon. Oh well!

1 comment:

  1. Kid Icarus was fun but I found it difficult to operate all the buttons needed at the same time. Maybe you will have better luck.

    ReplyDelete