October 1, 2013

The Bourne Identity (2002)


During a recent Costco trip - yeah, we're gettin' old - my soon-to-be-wife and I came across the Bourne trilogy on Blu-ray for something like $18. We realized we had each only seen the middle installment and decided, hey, why not? Tonight, we watched the first movie in the trilogy, 2002's Bourne Identity. I liked it. Didn't love it. More specifically, I loved the first hour and was bored by the second hour. Action movies don't generally do a lot for me, so I was impressed when I was, well, impressed by the film's opening and rising action. But the resolution was sort of bland and predictable for me. I remember enjoying the second film, even without any precursor context, back in 2004. That'll get re-watched soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment