October 24, 2013

The Dark Tower: The Drawing of Three - Stephen King


I think this book has been comfortably reviewed on this blog so I wont go into any detail on the plot or a summary here. I picked up this series because someone in my fantasy baseball league named their division the Ka-tet and I was told that I could find out what that was in the book the Gunslinger. I have no read the Gunslinger and the Drawing of three and I have yet to find out what a Ka-tet is. Unfortunately, I have moved well beyond just needed to know what a Ka-tet is and I am truly interested in the fate of our three main characters. When I feel up to it I will pick up the third book in this series and not a moment before. All I really have to say about this book is that it is a great improvement from The Gunslinger. The beginning of this book is action packed and suspenseful. The middle drags a bit as you wonder whether King will kill Eddy Roland and Odetta/Detta off before they reach the final door. The ending really made the book worth while. From the final door on the story gets fun and exciting. Now that Roland and company seem to be getting back their strength it leaves you to wonder what is in store for them next.

No comments:

Post a Comment