December 31, 2012

Arrested Development Season 2


This took me a long time to get through. I posted season 1 last Christmas Break when I was on vacation and powered through that season. One year later, I have finally finished season 2. And Steve is not happy! He thinks I don't like the show, which isn't true. It's a really funny clever show. The problem is I don't think funny clever shows are "must sees". There is nothing the draws me to a comedy. No real story line. No real drama. Just small story arcs infused with humor. I get why Arrested is beloved. The jokes that reference one another through the entire series. The subtle references to the actual tv show. The hilarious and incredibly unlikeable characters (what up mrs. featherbottom?) Buster gets a hook. Literally. In this season his arms get ripped off by a seal and he gets a hook as an arm. "I'M A MONSTER!" quoted by some as a favorite line of the series was very funny. But for some reason, I just can't bring myself to watch this show quickly. I'm never like "hot damn, do I wanna watch Arrested".

I'm going to go watch Revenge now.

No comments:

Post a Comment