December 18, 2012

Sonic Colors

This is the first 2D Sonic game I have played in a really long time and the first one I have ever completed. Based on my past experience, this is more of the same but with the addition of power-ups. Despite skipping every cutscene and tutorial, I was able to catch some of the story. Sonic and Tails (you can only play as Sonic) are headed to Dr. Robotnik's (you never fight him) theme park for some reason. There are five worlds filled with roller coasters and stuff. Each world has 2 levels and a boss fight. Each world has a different color sprite you can use to give you different power-ups from becoming a rocket, to becoming light, to becoming a drill to becoming something else that works like the rocket but in a different color, to becoming a ghost. All these power-ups offer new ways to get through levels, but only half of them are necessary. This game was incredibly easy until the last world (I was unaware that I had less than unlimited lives until the second to last level of the game). At this point, it got much harder. Still, with only 10 levels and 6 bosses, this sudden increase in difficulty couldn't make this game last more than 5 hours. Anyway, despite all my complaining, I actually enjoyed it. By no means buy it, but, like a quarter, if you find it laying on the ground definitely pick it up.

1 comment: