December 15, 2012

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut


In some ways, the best part of this movie is that it's a musical, making it easy for me to convince Danielle to watch it. Having not seen this movie in a really long time, I think it has aged pretty well. Despite the animation showing it's age, most of the jokes still made me laugh. My favorite joke remains the one in which Cartman apologizes to Kyle for calling him a dirty Jew and then assures him that he is not a Jew at all. When Kyle says he is a Jew, Cartman responds with "Don't be so hard on yourself." It's simple and offensive, just the way I like it. The songs are top notch, and even though the Satan and Sadam stuff is the weakest of the movie, Satan's "Up There" is one of the best song in the whole movie. I'm sure everyone on  here has seen this movie, but if not, definitely check it out. I would love another South Park movie but that is probably asking too much.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I still love this one. Using Brian Boitano as the inspirational hero to get the boys re-focused is possibly my all time favorite third act transitions in cinematic history. And the movie certainly feels newer and more recent than the 3rd Season of the show, even though that isn't the case. I do wonder whether we'll see another movie or not. These guys seem to like to do a side project every few years (BLU, Team America, Book of Mormon) so I'm sure they've got a few more ideas left.

    ReplyDelete