December 7, 2009

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Games!


Have I really gone stagnant on the gaming backlog since October? Damn. Blame schoolwork, I suppose. This game's a GameCube remake of a GBA game that got decent reviews for is uniqueness. And, yeah, it's certainly unique. We've all played video games before that seem to be collections of minigames (the Mario Party and Wii Sports series come to mind here), but WarioWare takes it to a whole new level: microgames. Games that last five seconds maximum, and sometimes less than one. Games with an extremely simple objective that almost always involves either avoiding hazards for three seconds or pressing the "A" button with good timing. And the games just keep on coming, one after another, at a frantic, head-hurting pace. My apartmentmates watched me play this game for about twenty minutes earlier, and even they were complaining about being slightly dizzy and physically confused by the game. Imagine how I felt after playing it for two hours! All in all, it was an alright game. Its single-player brevity was nice for the sake of the Back-Blogged project, but it certainly doesn't seem like a classic that I'll ever be dying to pick up and play again. Still, it's nice to get back into the game-logging scene. My cohort has been kicking my ass at logging lately, outputting a few true marathons in the past month or so. Here's hoping this game kick-starts me into a higher gear. But then, that likely won't happen until Christmas break in two weeks. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment