December 28, 2018

Steven Universe: Season 5


I finished Season 5 of Steven Universe somewhere back in like, July. Why didn't I write about it back then? Because I didn't know I'd finished Season 5 until this past week, when the premiere of Season 6 showed up on my DVR. Or is it even Season 6? Trakt.tv suggests that the most recent episodes are in fact both the latest in Season 5 and the beginning of Season 6. Look, Cartoon Network clearly doesn't give a shit about this show at all - giant hiatuses are one thing, but to air it so irregularly and with so little structure that nobody fucking knows what season you're on - oof. Guys. Geez.

That said, I was a huge fan of the fifth season of the show. Things seem to be headed toward an endgame, which is pretty cool given all the worldbuilding and character building that went on in the first few seasons. I have no idea if the new season, the sixth season, will be the show's last, but it seems unlikely that this show needs more than a seventh. Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment