December 29, 2018

South Park: Season 22


Attempting to remember which episodes of South Park came during which seasons of South Park is, at this point, a complete fool's errand. So take this with a grain of salt - but! - I think this was South Park's best season in years. It just felt very current, much more scathing and biting than it has in years, and ready to evolve make amends for some of its previous attitudes and stances. Like don't get me wrong, I laughed my ass off at "ManBearPig" being a ridiculous metaphor for Al Gore's global warming shtick thirteen years ago (holy shit) - but I've come around on global warming being, you know, not a shtick, and I'm glad to see that Matt and Trey have too. Likewise with their apparent left-leaning jabs at Amazon and Jeff Bezos. Now granted, this is South Park - nothing that happens on this show in any given year seems to affect the following years, so who knows? The show could suck all over again next year. #CancelSouthPark

No comments:

Post a Comment