December 3, 2018

Battlefield 1


Video games! Video games!

I'm not a huge FPS guy these days - and certainly not an online PvP FPS guy - but I was happy to plunk twenty bucks and six or seven hours of my time down on this World War I game. Five distinct stories - six, including the prologue on the front lines - and one's in a tank, and one's in a primitive airplane, and one's at the Gallipoli landing. It really was just an insane war, World War I, fought on horseback but also in tanks, using both airplanes and carrier pigeons. But what I really liked about this game - the first Battlefield game I've played, and far from a perfect game what with its fair share of bugs - was the diversity of the missions. Some would probably cite the campaign for not being long enough, but y'all know me - five hours spent as five characters in five distinct settings is just perfect, as far as I'm concerned.

Consider me marginally interested in Battlefield V, the new World War II game that follows the same campaign format as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment