December 21, 2017

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: Season 1


What a pleasant little year-end surprise! Never saw a single episode of Gilmore Girls, but if this snappy, witty dialogue is just what Amy Sherman-Palladino does, then hey, I get the appeal. There's almost nothing not to like about this show. It's a quick-hitting gut-buster, eight episodes long and light on its feet, wonderfully period-appropriate in a way that fills a nice little void I never realized Mad Men had left behind. I liked it! I really, really liked it, and I only liked it more and more the further it went on. Interestingly, I think it makes for a great pairing with Crashing, another eight-episode show about a struggling young stand up comic. Wait, did I ever make a post on Crashing? Hang on... Yes, I did. Okay, cool. We're done here!

No comments:

Post a Comment