December 11, 2017

Kuso


One of the weirdest and grossest and dumbest movies I've ever seen - and intentionally so, like an Adult Swim project that tries to ape David Lynch and only ends up as this interminable hour-and-a-half of messy, shitty, anxiety-inducing garbage. Which begs the question - is this art? There's no real plot or story to follow, aside from a few recurring characters existing. I think it's anti-art. I think this entire movie is a giant middle finger to highbrow art cinema - I just don't think that makes it better than absolutely terrible in its own right.

I feel pretty confident in saying that this is far and away the worst 2017 movie I've seen. But I plan on squeezing in a Pottersville viewing before the year wraps, so, who knows? Wide open race, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment