December 24, 2017

Search Party: Season 2


Yeesh, I am running behind on these write-ups as I cram in my year-end stuff. Shame on me!

Search Party is a good show, and maybe even a great show. It's been described as "noir Scooby Doo" and "millennial Nancy Drew." This second season was more like "millennial Alfred Hitchcock." You see, in the first season, a bored-as-hell twenty-something with nothing going on her life decided to investigate a missing person mystery, dragging her two self-absorbed friends and loveless boyfriend along for the ride. I won't spoil how it unfolds or ends - and really, it's worth checking out - but let's just say that this season takes a whole new direction. It was a great season, and if anything, it felt way too short for me - that's a compliment, for a ten episode season, of course. (Leave them wanting more, right?)

I'm not sure whether or not I liked Season 2 better than Season 1, but they're very much "of a piece," so it doesn't really matter. Season 1 might have taken me longer to get into, but Season 2 feels so much more incomplete. Eh. You be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment