January 4, 2016

Workaholics: Season 5


It's funny - I really do enjoy this show, but I can never allow myself to rank it very far above the very bottom of my year-end review lists. Sweeney agreed with me when I brought this up earlier today, and suggested that this is likely due to how old (and stale) the show has grown. I don't think he's wrong, but looking back, I'e been watching this show for years now, and it's never been something I've ranked highly. Yet year after year, I enjoy DVRing it and watching it and while there are a fair share of duds every season, I have to say I genuinely laugh out loud more at Workaholics than I do at a ton of other comedies.

So what's the deal? Is it simply that Workaholics is small in scope, void of thematic depth, and unmarked by any long-term arcs whatsoever? Probably. Look, for whatever reason, I'm high on Workaholics right now and I think I've been underrating it for far too long. I've got nothing else!

No comments:

Post a Comment