January 18, 2016

Killer Instinct (2013)


I still don't own an Xbox One, but thanks to Keith's generous "borrow until you buy" policy, here's the second game I've beaten on the console. It was a Games with Gold freebie for the month of January and I always liked the original Killer Instinct for Super Nintendo, so why not?

As it turns out, this is one of those freemium games where the game itself is free but every character is paid DLC. So what I technically got for free via Games with Gold was the "Season 1 roster," which was eight characters large. Fine. No big deal.

I played through the story mode as Fulgore and found that the game was just as button-mashy as ever. I'm sure there's a "right" way to play Killer Instinct, but who needs to learn it?

If you missed out on this free offering, hey - you didn't really miss much.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been a fan of fighting games. Except Tekken where you could play as that one guy who would do this backflip double-kick move. Just doing that one move over and over and over won me a lot of fights... and lost me a lot of friends.

    Other than that, I've never been able to understand the mechanics of fighting games -- except Smash, which I barely hang in there.

    ReplyDelete