October 3, 2014

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS


Oh man oh man. Smash 3DS is finally here, and even though it's clearly just an appetizer for the main course of Smash Wii U, I'm still titillated by the prospect of a handheld Super Smash Bros. game. Sure, technically, I've already beaten this one. Most of the characters are unlocked, I believe all the stages are, and I've tried out every game mode and seen "end credits" twice. All in all, I like what I'm experiencing. The controls feel a little weird, but at this point Smash with anything other than a GameCube controller is going to feel weird to me. The game also feels a little slow, but perhaps that's because I'm still used to Melee and Project M; this newest game is certainly faster-paced than Brawl.

Online play started out fine but was disappointingly laggy on my ninth or tenth match, and I haven't been back since. Hopefully they smooth out some of those rough patches.

I still haven't had a chance to play as every character yet - in addition to the five or six I still need to unlock, there are a good fifteen or so that I simply haven't tried out yet. I do love Mega Man, though. And the Villager seems pretty fun too.

This post feels pretty pointless, but, hey, I've got the game and I've "beaten" the game, even if I'm nowhere close to being finished with it. Granted, I do expect to be finished with it the day Smash Wii U comes out.

1 comment:

  1. Just a few observations to add on now that I've unlocked every character and stage.

    -Loving Duck Hunt Dog
    -Liking Bowser Jr. (sorry, Keith)
    -Jigglypuff isn't quite back to Melee form, but it's a better state of affairs than in Brawl
    -Olimar feels way different, not that I ever played him much (sorry, Sween)
    -Bowser's attacks are different now, with less emphasis on his shell and more on kicking
    -Still digging R.O.B.
    -Pit? No longer a winner

    ReplyDelete