October 24, 2014

Super Smash Bros. 3DS

So, Smash Bros. is out on the 3DS. Everyone knows this already, and I assume anyone reading this has already played the hell out of the game. I mostly love it, and my gripes are few, but still exist. First off, The online play is a major step up from Brawl, but Nintendo still remains far, far behind the competition when it comes to decent online play. If you play against three strangers using wi-fi there's definitely going to be some lag, so the best games are usually one-on-one, where Nintendo forces you into a 2-stock battle, no exceptions. Why are there no lobbies? Why can't I search for a good custom fight? I get why you'd want to penalize people who drop out of a fight, but a ten-minute ban every time? Talk about overkill. Still though it is indeed fun to jump into a quick battle or two to test out your abilities. The game controls fine enough- we all knew the 3DS wasn't going to be anywhere near as good at the GameCube controller, but with some customized controls I feel like my characters are doing what I want them to. And the line-up here is fantastic- I've already put in some serious time with at least ten different characters, played a few matches with many more, and yet I've still probably only used half of the playable characters so far. Yoshi and Wii Fit Trainer are my top two so far. Let's Smash.

No comments:

Post a Comment