July 31, 2014

House of Cards Season 1


I heard very good things about this show and decided to jump in... a year ago. It took me a full year to get through the first episode. It was boring! So was the first half of this season. Moreover, the show turns into a completely different show the last two episodes of the season. To me, this is a good show, but there are a few things that keep it from being a great one. Spacey's Frank Underwood is completely unrealistic. He talks to the camera like he's Zack Morris and a lot of other things that don't take me out of the show quite as much. His wife, though a main character, is completely uninteresting. The episodes themselves are engaging, but I just don't really care about any of the characters involved. Peter Russo, a congressman battling alcoholism, is the only character that seemed at all plausible. Perhaps that's because I have zero idea of what it's like to be in Congress, but I suspect it's not quite like this. Kevin Spacey is a great actor, but this show is just good.

No comments:

Post a Comment