July 27, 2014

The Hammer


I'm a big fan of podcasts. As such, I'm a big fan of Adam Carolla. He's an opinionated guy and I can relate to that. He sees things very black and white (me too!) and for that, I respect him. This was an independent movie he made in 2007. It looks independent (aka like shit). His best friend is literally a guy he met on a construction site in real life. He's hadn't acted before and hasn't acted since.

Anyway, Carolla stars as a washed-up Golden Gloves fighter who now works construction. Through a series of coincidences, he ends up participating in a few boxing tournaments that might lead to his participation in the Olympics at the ripe old age of 38. There's a love story thrown in there, too.

The movie is funny, but as a podcast listener, I've heard many of the jokes before. It's entertaining enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment