March 20, 2013

The Beyonders: Chasing the Prophecy


This book was a trial run for me. I pre-ordered this book from Amazon days before it was to be released. In the end I was pleased with the way they handled the preorder. They delivered my book in the early hours of the day it was to be released and didn't subtract the money from my debit account until it had been delivered. I'm not sure as to the exact moment it was delivered but it was certainly there when I woke up in the morning. Ok, enough of this rambling time to get down to the book.

I had guessed that the second book was boring and that it's best attribute was building off the first story to prep for the final book to be awesome. I was right. This book was genuinely awesome. It lived up to most of my expectations, the story took interesting twists, the author was not afraid to kill characters and it delivered a range of emotions.

In short the second book ended with a prophecy from the last known seer and it detailed the way to defeat the dark emperor Maldor. The heroes are split into different groups and given their individual tasks and the room for error is non existant. This book outlines those tasks as they unfold under constant concern that our heroes have strayed from the correct path. I'm purposely trying to be vague because I think that several readers may take up this series if they haven't already. The book had me guessing right up till the last minute and in the end it delivered. If you like children's fantasy buy this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment