March 10, 2013

The Wire Season 5


I'm seriously sad I have finished the Wire. This past week  I have been lost without the Wire to watch at night. I've been having dreams continuing the season in my head (now this isn't super abnormal, I'm a pretty weird sleeper). It was just such a pleasure to watch season 4 and 5 of the wire. I flew through them. (And didn't post in a timely manner) This season does a brilliant job of wrapping up loose ends, closing stories, and leaving a Baltimore-esque feeling of how these people's lives will continue. I really don't want to say much about it because I like to watch seasons of television completely unaware of the plot that will follow so I would hate to ruin that for all of you.

So, go, now, watch the Wire. It's fantastic. There was a slight speed bump in season 2 but even that was brought back full circle in season 5. The characters are some of the best on television. It's an intricate web of stories woven together over five seasons that make you question certain parts of society and makes you real sad about other parts. I suppose there are some happy moments as well.

1 comment:

  1. Still need to see this show... The creator is a MacArthur Grant recipient for Christ's sake! He clearly knows what he's doing.

    Still can't help but wonder where season three of Arrested Development is?

    ReplyDelete