March 10, 2013

Son


Son is the fourth and final book labeled as the conclusion to the Giver. It follows a new character from the Giver that we did not know (personally...) It's really interesting how they weaved together all the characters over the course of the four books. This book begins at the same time as the Giver begins and spans a time frame of 10-15 years. My biggest pet peeve is the middle seven years of this book. It introduces completely new characters that were neither in the Giver nor Gathering Blue nor the Messenger. I knew the Giver and the previous two books would connect so I kept waiting for these stories and locations to be connected. I did not care for the middle characters and I found myself skimming a lot of the story in this part.

However, that didn't take anything away from the first and last third. I believe it was a fitting conclusion to all four books and I would recommend the series to any fans of the Giver.

No comments:

Post a Comment