October 29, 2012

The Wire Season 2


Good news, this show was still enjoyable in season 2. But I am worried that I am mostly just an impressionable twenty something woman. Someone tells me, well this season isn't as good as the first. And I wind up thinking, "well this season wasn't as good as the first". Was it my own though? Or was it someone else's? I'm not quite sure, but this is how I may or may not have felt. It was great to catch up with some of the West Side dope slingers (yo what up String?), but that story takes a back seat in this season. Most of the characters are in prison or dead. Weebey's fake fish tank gets all messed up in prison and boy is it sad. (Maybe not the saddest thing to happen at that prison, you be the judge.) Most of the season focuses around a case that stems from the Baltimore harbor ports where a bunch of dead prostitutes were found. This spirals out into a large smuggling and drugs case. What I was impressed by was how the other storylines, East Side / West Side, were woven into this story. Enough to set us up for a possible drug show down next season. Who knows?! Anywho, I just didn't love the dock workers as much as I loved the drug workers last season. They were fun, but mostly a mess. The rag tag police working team got back together which was fun, but even they are somewhat less exciting when their case isn't as fun. I do really like that Prezbo has found his calling as a master cork board case organizer though. Anywho, good season. It may have suffered a bit from a busy schedule on my part which cut my viewing time down. But I still liked it. ONWARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment