October 8, 2012

The Wire - Season 1


Hello world-

I am here to regale you with my stories and adventures watching the Wire Season 1. It's an epic tale.* For quite some time now, people have been all like "hey, gurlllll, the Wire is the best show on the teeveez. You should totes watch it". People are all like, it's better than the Soprano's. And I'm thinking,  well I saw the Soprano's and it was good but not the best ever. And then they say, "it's even better than your boy Jesse in Breaking Bad". And I'm like "nuh uh son, that show is the hardest hitting show the league". Anywho, my domestic partner recently (sorta?) watched the show and confirmed everyone's opinion. It's just the bomb diggity. So I decided to give it a try. I was pretty worried that it wouldn't live up to the hype because MAN was it hyped. Steve tried to warn me that it was slow and I may not like it at first. And I'm all like, c'mon man, the best show on TV shouldn't get a warning. But it did. And I watched it anyways!

I watched the first Season with Steve and he helped me remember character's names. And boy are they a lot of them. The good news? All the characters are super fun! Stringer Bell is the man. Bubbles is the man. Keema is the woman. They all rule! I think it helped that Steve was watching with me, but I really liked it. Super good. Super interesting. Loved it. Gonna go watch more. (Steve won't let me watch more without posting. So here ya go, dude)

ON TO SEASON 2!

*Disclaimer: It's not actually an epic tale.

1 comment:

  1. The post was a suggestion, not an ultimatum. If I had the power to "make" her post everything she reads or sees, you'd all have seen five more Game of Thrones posts, not to mention all kinds of duplicates on the movies and TV seasons we watch together.

    So, like Lieutenant Daniels has said to his superior officers a time or two, "This... is... bullshit!"

    ReplyDelete