October 29, 2012

Carnivàle: Season 2


Here's the second and thankfully final season of Carnivàle, the mid-2000s HBO show about mysticism and religious allegories in a 1930s traveling circus of sorts. I lamented about a year ago that I just wasn't in love with this show even though it had all kinds of great things going for it. In that post, I said that the plot was too vague for me to really get invested in. But Season 2 was supposed to have a much more straightforward plot, and so I was holding out hope that I could still enjoy it. Alas, when you give up on a show halfway through its first season and then take a year off from watching it, it turns out it's really, really hard to latch back on. As such, I was completely lost right out of the gate for this batch of ten episodes, and just kind of had them on in the background while browsing the web or playing my DS. So it goes. Let my utter disinterest in twenty-four episodes of Carnivàle serve as a warning not to buy entire series on DVD before watching them. Of course, I fully acknowledge that few people need to heed that warning more than me. Oh well. Progress is progress, and the quest goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment