March 23, 2012

Breaking Bad Season 3

Holy shit. Now that's an awesome season of tv. While Breaking Bad's first and second seasons were very good, the show hadn't quite made the jump into the 'best show on tv' discussion for me as I know Stan has mentioned before. But season 3 changed all that and I can see why Breaking Bad gets all the hype. After season 2 ended with a bit of an odd disaster that didn't really move the plot ahead, and then Walt losing his family but set in a seemingly comfortable position money and health-wise, I guess the only thing left to do is go bigger- suddenly Walt is dealing with potential multi-million dollar deals, and yet the lives of him and those he cares about have never been in greater danger. Events from early in season two finally come back to bite them in the ass, and it appears that this had all been planned since the pilot episode- smart writing! I mean, seriously, this show has it all- fantastic acting and writing, beautiful cinematography, and a really compelling story. I wish I could jump right into season four to get ready for the fifth and final season, which should be airing in a few months, but the DVDs have not come out yet. Hopefully when they do Netflix will get them streaming and I'll be ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment